Dr Tim Rogers is a Consultant Psychiatrist who regularly consults with elite athletes in the UK, across a wide variety of sports, including athletes involved in Olympic and Paralympic competition. He is a leading advocate for the promotion of athlete wellbeing and mental health. Dr Rogers also regularly speaks, teaches and lectures in the field. He is one of a very select group of consultant psychiatrists also to have undertaken postgraduate training in Applied Sport Psychology.
Dr Tim Rogers has been a member, since inception, of the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Sport and Exercise Special Interest Group (SEPSIG), where he has led on the interface between medicine and the profession of sport and exercise psychology. Dr Rogers has extensive experience as an expert witness, including nationally high profile cases both within and outside of professional sport. Prior to joining Sport Resolutions, Dr Rogers was on the register of accredited psychiatrists for UK Anti Doping.
- Masters Degree in Forensic Mental Health Science, King’s College London
- Masters Degree in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology, Staffordshire University
- MRCPsych, Psychiatry Residency Program 2003, Royal Free Hospital
- General Medical Council – GMC 4728959
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Member, Sport and Exercise Special Interest Group (SEPSIG)